skin active retinol + NAG complex
CONSUMER REVIEW MONITOR
TOP REVIEWS ANALYSED
- Radiant, plump and firmer skin
- Excellent for fine lines, wrinkles and any discolouration
- Product well supported by clinical trials
- Recommended by many dermatologists
- Very effective for aging skin
- Light Cream/Gel/Serum texture
- Fragrance free
- Oil free
BOTTOM REVIEWS ANALYSED
- Expensive per ml
- Must be introduced into routine slowly for beginners
- Some flaking of the skin may occur
Launched in 2016, a formulation of 0.5% encapsulated Retinol with patented NeoGlucosamine® (NAG). This combination of ingredients supercharges skin cell renewal to gently exfoliate the skin and ease away fine lines, age spots, pigmentation and scarring. Results over time brighten the skin and include a smooth and even skin tone.
This product is carefully formulated to preserve skin barrier function and will stimulate collagen and elastin growth without irritation. You may experience mild peeling which is the skin's surface cells flaking away but this should not be extreme as with a prescription retionol.
Daily use of sunscreen is highly recommended to minimise the risk of sun sensitivity/sunburn
HOW TO USE
1. To avoid contact with the sun apply only at night.
2. We would recommend cleansing with the NeoStrata Glycolic Foaming Wash or similar before applying the product.
3. Leave the skin for 5-10 minutes after cleansing.
4. Then apply a small amount of product to clean skin 1-2 times a week initially.
5. It's best to leave the product on without any further product over the top, however, if your skin is very dry apply a small amount of your night moisturiser.
6. Work up the frequency to use the product 3-7 times a week depending on your needs and routine.
The brand recommends using Skin Active Retinol & NAG Complex as part of the Skin Active System. They also recommend avoiding use if pregnant. Daily use of sunscreen is highly recommended to minimise the risk of sun sensitivity/sunburn
Aqua (Water), Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polysilicone- 11, Glycerin, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Acetyl Glucosamine, Silica, Nylon-12, Allyl Methacrylates Crosspolymer, BHT, Tocopheryl (Vitamin E) Acetate, Retinol, Arginine, Bisabolol, Isohexadecane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Citric Acid, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Polysorbate 20, Caprylyl Glycol, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Polysorbate 40, Disodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, CI 19140 (Yellow 5).
Q & A
When it comes down to it in the list of ingredients Retinol is very far down in the list just exactly what is the real percentage of retinol strength in it? . . .
Neostrata has formulated the Skin Active Retinol + NAG Complex with 0.5% pure microencapsulated retinol + 4% NAG (NeoGlucosamine®) complex. This means that the Retinol is stabalised and delivered into the skin at 0.5% and has additonal buffering ingredients to boost the Retinol effects within the skin.
RRP £55.00 (30ml)